Sunday, January 23, 2011

Loving this Nail Polish + OPI vs. Essie

Hi girls :)

One of the most difficult times for me to pick out nail polish is transitioning from winter to spring.  I never know if I should go dark or light or bright or muted... it's a long process.   Fall to winter is easy, that's the greiges matte reds etc.  Anywayyy for my latest set of fills (after I had gone back to the color table literally four times) I chose a shade of dark red. 


I know I have freaky shaped fingers... too much piano and bass time.  Just ignore them :)

This is Essie's Clutch Me If You Can

The reason that I love this is because even though it's a dark red it's NOT burgundy or maroon.  It's still a real true red which is really hard to find.  Most of the darks get purpley or browney. 

My only complaint is one that I always have.  Generally, I chose Essie for light colors and OPI for dark colors.  (I have no idea if this is true it's just what I've gathered after years of being a polish addict)  OPI tends to begin with a white base whereas Essie tends to begin with a clear.  What I'm trying to say is that even though Essie's dark colors are dark they are still a little bit translucent when OPI's dark colors are completely opaque.  The same goes for light colors.  In the summer I want a little bit of translucent pink like Essie's Sweet Heart or Ballet Slippers (all time fav) but a light OPI still gives me the very whitey pinky kinda Fiji-esque color.

Does that make sense?  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for reading, comment and subscribe! XO Be Sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment