Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dont Waste Your Money!

     
      I'm such a Neutrogena fan this was SO disappointing!  Honestly, this product was fail was karma because the whole reason I bought it was trying to save money. I've been dying to try the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but I just can't spend four hours of babysitting money on one tube!  In a recent CVS trip I saw the Healthy Skin Glow Sheers and picked up the fair to light one.  It was around 12 dollars.. a huge step from the 45 Mercier.  At first I thought maybe my expectations were too high and I'm used to full coverage foundation so I've given this a good five or six chances.  Still awful.
        
 Reasons I don't like it:
  • It doesn't do anything..... I put on three coats one time alternating between my fingers and a brush and there was no coverage AT ALL. It literally looked like I had nothing on.
  • I know this isn't the right word, but it oxidizes.  After thirty minutes or so of wear it turns a rusty orange color.  So basically it goes from nothing at all to orange paint.  Not cute...
  • It smells like sunscreen.  I never buy a product because of the sunscreen part of it but if one I want happens to have some I'll still buy it.  This smells like the sticky baby sunscreen that stays white after you've rubbed it in for ten minutes.  It made me so nervous putting it on my face and leaving it there because it was just begging for a break out.
  • It's not moisturizing.  Tinted moisturizer.  It's not tinted and it's not moisturizing.  I have extremelyyyyyy dry skin all the time and after five days of use it was still flaky and peeling around my nose. 
       Neutrogena come on!  This one needs some major help.  Ladies don't waste your money!  Do y'all know of any cheap/drug store tinted moisturizers with decent coverage I should try? I'm starting to get desperate here.
      Be sweet girls! comment and follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment