Monday, January 24, 2011

Love This Mascara

           I'm SO weird about mascara.  I think it's because I'm so obsessed with eyelashes.  They're one of the first things I notice about people... it's really weird I know.  I'm NOT blessed with good eyelashes.  I wish I was.  Mine are relatively long but they're very very fine and I don't have many of them.  I had a coupon from CVS for two dollars off a Maybelline XXL mascara so I picked this one up on the way to a college visit Friday. 

I know this is a horrible horrible horrible picture... I took it with my phone in the car after I had put on my mascara in the car! (dangerous don't do that) I was just sending it to a friend who wanted to see the difference.  I really wasn't planning on doing a blog about this because I wasn't expecting anything but I was so pleasantly surprised!  Obviously I didn't do a great job on this I was just throwing it on on the way to a meeting so no curler, primer, etc.  And this was just one coat.

This is Maybelline XXL Bold.  But it also comes in length and curl. 


It has two steps.  The first side is for volume and it has a thinner old school brush that's super plain.  What I love about this is that even the first step is black.  Usually two step mascaras have a primer first that is white and ends up being hard to cover or giving your eyelashes a grey look.  The second side is supposed to lock in the mascara and make it last all day.  I found this to be very defining.  It has a thicker brush that is kind of peanut shaped that really separated and added extra length to my lashes. 
It's a super dramatic mascara and I love the formula.  It didn't clump but after the second coat it did start to look a little tree branchy.  (which was totally my fault not the mascaras)  Also, I applied this at 6 30 in the morning and came back to my hotel room at 4 and it was still perfect.  A little had gotten under my eyes in a line from where I had blinked but I believe that's from my concealer that is kind of oily and doesn't dry very well.  My only complaint about the XXL Pro is that I wish it was darker.  Yes, it is black but to me, black is not just black.  The reason I love Falsies so much is because the black drama version is such a rich shiny tar-looking black.  But other than that I say go for this mascara.  I would never have purchased it without my coupon but I'm so glad I did because this is now living in my purse!

Thanks for reading, if you try this let me know what you think!  What's your favorite mascara? I'm always on the prowl for more!
XO Be Sweet :) love y'all, Lina!

No comments:

Post a Comment