Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cuticle Saver and Nail Growth Tip

Hey y'all!  Most of y'all know I recently took off acrylic nails.  Girls... my nails were destroyyyyyed.  I had them less than a year and my nails would randomly bleed from the middle of them because they were so thin.  It was bad bad bad.  So I'm going on three weeks without them now and they are probably 60% back to normal (which isn't even good) but anything not so painful is improvement. 

I just wanted to share something that I've been doing that seems to have made a huge difference.  I massage Vitamin E Oil into my cuticles and all around them three to five times a day.  This makes them have that freshly manicured look but even better--healthy.  They look so healthy when I put this on (they're not..).  A huge plus to this is that it makes them grow faster.  Massaging the cuticle and nail bed draws blood flow to the area and stimulates growth.  What's to lose?! 

The only negative is that it does get oily/sticky.  I feel like I'm constantly wiping oil off my phone but I'm sure if you don't do this as often as I do you won't have this problem!

I got the CVS brand of this and it was probably 2 or 3 dollars.  I've bought this for so many of my friends I can't even say how much I love this. 

What do y'all suggest for after-acrylic nails?  (Nailtique update coming up--Not good!!!)

XO Be Sweet!

1 comment: