Friday, December 31, 2010

My Current Favorite Mascara

       
      Okay girls I'm going to be honest with you, when I say I'm a product addict, probably 80% of that is mascara.  I love eyelashes and I serial hoard mascara.  I generally find one I love that has equal amounts of lengthening and volumizing and stick to it for a while.  Admittedly I've been stuck on L'oreal's Original Voluminous in Carbon Black but my new go to issssssss drum rolllll pleaseeeeeeeeeeee Falsies Volum Express in Black Drama by Maybelline.  (significantly different from blackest black)
      Reasons I love it.
  • It doesn't clump - There's a wonderful spoon shaped brush that is just the right amount of stiff and flexible.  It is able to hit every lash without coating the sides of your eyelids too!
  • The color - The Black Drama features black lace on the front and once you put this product on that is exactly what you'll be dying to wear.  The color is so rich.  I've encountered many mascaras that claim to be black but turn out an ashy kind of grey or dark brown. 
  • It can be layered - As a self proclaimed eyelash lover.. I just think they're so feminine and flirty, don't you?... I layer my mascara to three or four coats.  When I used Voluminous, after the second coat my eyelashes would start to look like little tree branches.  Instead of a nice kind of fake eyelash look they would collect mascara at the tips of each lash.  Falsies can be layered without looking like each eyelash is a stick.
  • It stays put! - This is a biggie for me.  Many of my previous mascaras would flake off and make what looked like black sand all under my eyes by the afternoon. The only problem I've had with falsies is that sometimes there's a fine line from where I've blinked right across the bags under my eyes.  But I wear an under eye circle concealer (review on that soon!) with a high SPF and I layer it two or three times.  I think that my mascara sticks to that because it stays a little bit moist throughout the day, y'all shouldn't see that happen though!
  • It's easy to get off - I know, this is a lazy one.  After a night at the gym and hitting the books, the last thing I want to do is take off my makeup.  All of us know that the biggest beauty sin is to sleep with makeup on so I use makeup that'll come off with a swipe of makeup remover wipes.  At the time of night it's usually coming off my face, shaking a bottle of remover and putting it on a cotton ball seems strenuous.
      I really encourage all of you to try this!  As you all know I love a bargain and this can be found at any local drug store! CVS, Walgreens, Albertsons, etc.

     Thanks for reading!  Whats you're favorite mascara?  Have you tried Falsies?
    
     Be Sweet Lovely Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment